Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ghana on the Internet:

By DAVID FAUCHEUX

A friend sent me a link to a blog that her friend, Erica, is writing discussing her posting to Ghana as a Peace Corps volunteer. It is so fascinating to journey with her as she begins this phase of her post-college life.

I don't read many blogs or participate in many Internet forums or discussion groups; just the thought of all that information makes me ill. I think of a Titanic's worth of interesting information and don't dare get too entranced, else I spend 28 hours a day engrossed. That is the one drawback of all the information out there now. It's really embarrassing, too, because as a supposed information professional, I should be able to make information dance to my tune, do as I command; but alas, it calls the tune and I try not to dance too hard.

Perhaps, it's a technology or adaptive software thing; perhaps, it's a personal Highly Sensitive thing; perhaps, it just is? Shit happens and all that!

But anyway, check out the link and stay tuned as I still need to do a review of the AudioPuzzles CD book. (I got delayed as I have been unwell; where are people like Andrew Weil when you need them or Dr. Mercola or Dr. Grossman? Well, if Medicare paid for these kinds of complementary medical services ...)

I did enjoy the magnetic Sudoku board and sent it to my friend, Mary, who is entranced with it and telephoned scant hours after receiving it to thank me. She needed a lift because she had had a bad nasal surgery. I'd rather send the game, than have the surgery--and hope by so doing to keep that kind of bad medical karma away.

IMAGINE That!