Monday, December 04, 2006

The Power of Nice

Yes, the Power works. Recently, I was reading an email from dearreader.com, and in the Author Biz section, there was a mention of the book, The Power of Nice by Linda Kaplan Thaler and Robin Koval. Not expecting anything, I emailed, received a nice response, and was sent the audio book gratis! Wow. And the jelly beans were nice, too; they came with the book.

This book takes a second look at the idea that nice guys (and girls) finish last. The authors assert that they emphatically do not! Killing them with kindness can really work if it doesn't kill you to do it! Empathy, listening skills, and consideration are also stressed. It rather reminded me of my 7th grade English teacher who said, "Be careful how you treat the people you meet on your way up, you'll meet them again on your way down." Or the idea that what goes around, comes around. I am now going to visit thepowerofnice.com.

IMAGINE That!

-Text by David Faucheux